Mermaid Home Watch Services
Whether it is your investment or vacation/second home, we will treat your property like our own. We are dedicated, trust-worthy individuals, and we listen to our customers’ needs to know what requirements they have, so we may care for their home the way they would.
An unoccupied home is vulnerable to poor weather conditions, insect/rodent issues, power outages, hurricanes and rainy season, lawn/landscaping issues, water leaks, mail and newspapers piling up letting squatters and thieves know your home is unoccupied.
We pro-actively communicate with our customers throughout the Home Watch process and include a GPS – date stamped report of our findings with notes, and pictures, or a video, if you would like. Check It Out Below!
Let us take care of your home while you are away, so you don’t have to worry!
We will perform a Home Watch inspection, and if needed, coordinate maintenance/repairs…and we also have a list of concierge services.
- Remove any debris and newspapers from the entryway/driveway
- Check the mailbox for mail (if requested)
- Walk exterior perimeter of single-family homes/villas to check for signs of storm damage or vandalism
- When walking perimeter check all doors and windows appear to be locked
- Check lawn, shrubs and trees to see if they appear to be healthy/no broken limbs
- Check exterior for obvious visual pests/rodent infestation
- Check for erosion/drainage issues
- Check exterior faucets to see if any water leaks/damage
- Perform visual inspection of gutters, roof and siding for obvious issues (ground visual)
- Does the lanai (ceiling, floor and walls) appear to be in good condition
- Check pool cage and porch screens
- Check pool and spa areas – clean, water levels – We will fill pool water during the time we are at home. (Please note, we are not a pool service company)
- Check pool to see if pump running/no leaks, skimmer clear of debris
- Turn main water valve on
- Check garage for storm damage, vandalism or pests
- Check car battery maintainer if applicable
- Check car tires to see if flattening
- Check A/C and humidistat (if applicable) to see if they are set to client’s requested setting and if working properly
- Check main air filter (if accessible) – no visual AC drip pan leaks
- Check electric panel for tripped breakers and make sure electric water heater breaker is turned off
- Verify that all doors, windows and sliders are properly secured
- Check for evidence of water leaks or damage and any visible signs of mold and mildew.
- Visual inspection for signs of pests/rodents
- Check lamps on timers to make sure timer is set correctly
- Check refrigerator to see if functioning (if left on), no spoiled food, and ice maker is empty
- Run faucets, garbage disposals (add vinegar water), and flush/brush toilets – check for visible leaks
- Check dishwasher and washer/dryer to see if door left ajar
- Run electric shutters monthly
- Check that main water valve is turned off after each inspection (unless otherwise requested).
HOME WATCH SERVICES FOR
& NORTH NAPLES
Electronic Reports – A detailed Home Watch inspection Report is completed on our scheduled visits. The report will advise on the current condition of your property. It will include notes and/or pictures if necessary. It will be GPS and time-stamped, so you are ensured of our presence at your home. The reports are completed electronically with the HomeWatchIT software application.
Need More Information About Our Services?
Our services will be customized to your home and needs. If you have special needs and do not see anything listed above, please call 239-770-3334 or click the button below to leave us a message.